- TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ACCEPTANCE
- These terms and conditions ("Terms") govern the use of the BT website or any part of it ("the Site"). BT may modify the Terms from time to time and you are advised to keep up to date with any changes by regularly reviewing the Terms. By using the Site you agree to be bound by the Terms.
- Any reference to product(s) includes service(s).
- USE OF THE SITE
- The Site is for use by users in the United Kingdom only.
- The Site may contain links to other BT sites or to third party sites which may be subject to separate terms and conditions.
- Any links to third party websites from the Site do not amount to any endorsement of that site by BT and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
- Some pages are only available if you register first but you do not have to register to access most of the pages on the Site. If you do register, we may ask you to provide personal details such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and, where appropriate, BT account number.
- You are responsible for the proper use and security of any passwords. BT does not guarantee the security of the Site against unauthorised or unlawful access or use.
- BT may delete a registration (and any associated information or data) without notice if it has not been used for more than 12 months.
- It is technically impracticable to provide a fault-free Site and BT does not undertake to do so. In the event of a fault, BT will attempt to restore the Site as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- Access to the Site may occasionally be suspended or restricted for operational reasons such as maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or products.
- BT reserves the right at any time and without notice to modify, edit, delete, suspend, discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any content, including any products available through the Site, or the Site or any part of it.
- Third Party Products
Where BT allows third party sellers to sell their products on the Site and you buy from a third party seller, the contract is between you and the seller. BT is not a party to this contract and is not the seller's agent. You agree that the seller is responsible for the sale of the products and for dealing with all issues (including claims) in connection with the sale and on-going support.
- BT Products
Products provided by BT (where the contract is between you and BT,) are subject to separate terms and conditions.
- BT CONTENT AND COPYRIGHT
- Content provided by BT including information, data, material, text, designs, graphics, pictures, video, photographs, applications, software, audio and other files, and their selection and presentation, is owned by BT or licensed to BT by third parties. It is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property rights as applicable and provided solely for your own use. Republication or redistribution of the content, including by framing or similar means, is prohibited.
If BT is informed of any inaccuracies in the content, BT will use reasonable endeavours to correct the inaccuracies as soon as reasonably practicable.
- YOUR CONTENT
- You are responsible for all content including comments, files, material, suggestions and ideas, you upload or post on the Site or communicate to other users through the Site. If you did not create the content, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have all necessary consents from the owner.
- You agree to give BT (as provider of the Site), a non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use or publish any content that you upload, post or otherwise make available on the Site. This includes free use by BT to make improvements to the Site or any product.
- CUSTOMER OBLIGATIONS
- You must not permit or make any attempt to disassemble, deconstruct, break down, hack or otherwise interfere with the Site.
- SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- NO WARRANTIES
- BT'S LIABILITY
- BT is not liable whether in contract, tort, under statute, for misrepresentation or otherwise (including in each case negligence) and whether or not the party concerned was advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage, for:
(a) any of the following types of loss or damage whether direct, indirect or consequential howsoever arising under or in connection with the Contract or any part of it: loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of anticipated savings, loss of opportunity, loss of business, wasted expenditure, loss from business interruption, loss or corruption or destruction of data, loss of contracts, loss from expenditure of time by managers and employees, liability to third parties, pecuniary losses arising from goodwill, or loss of or damage to goodwill; or
(b) any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever, resulting from your use of or inability to use the Site, or from your relying on the accuracy or completeness of the Site content.
- Nothing in these Terms:
(a) applies to BT's liability in respect of products sold under BT's standard terms and conditions; or
(b) excludes or restricts in any way BT's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or to any extent not permitted by law.
- ADVERTISING AND SPONSORSHIP
- TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
- MATTERS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL
- Subject to clause 17.2, you and BT will keep in confidence any information of a confidential nature obtained as a result of the use of the Site and will not disclose that information to any person other than their employees or professional advisers (or, in the case of BT the employees of a BT Group Company or their suppliers).
- Clause 17.1 will not apply to:
(a) any information which has been published other than through a breach of the Terms;
(b) information lawfully in the possession of the recipient before the disclosure took place;
(c) information which a party is requested to disclose which, if it did not it would be required by law to do so.
- DATA PROTECTION
- VIRUS PROTECTION
- You must take all reasonable steps to ensure that any software you use with or in connection with the Site is not infected by viruses.
- BT will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any software used in connection with the Site is not infected by viruses.
- THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
- APPLICABLE LAW