BT Virus Protect
305 new online threats found every minute
Safer as standard
BT Virus Protect is our latest real time anti-virus and web security, giving you protection against viruses, spyware, phishing scams – all backed by McAfee's award winning Global Threat Intelligence Network. It also now comes as an app for Android phones and tablets.
BT Virus Protect comes with either 2 or 15 licences, and it's free with all BT broadband products.
Complete protection for your PCs and Macs
- Virus Scan: regularly scans your hard drive, email, chat and personal files from the Internet for threats
- Site Advisor: warns you before you interact with dangerous websites for threats such as spyware, online scams and spam
- Computer performance tools: Built in computer health and performance tools to keep your computer running at peak performance with automatic disc defrag, and clean-up for files and applications and browser history
- Personal Firewall: A firewall helps keep unwanted intruders like hackers away from your online activity
Complete protection for your Android phones and tablets
- CaptureCam: Protect against theft by remotely taking a snapshot of anyone holding your lost device and receive an email with the photo along with the device's location
- Lock apps with a 6-digit PIN: Securing them from being accessed by others using the phone or tablet
- Take control remotely: Locate your phone, lock or delete any photos and files or display an onscreen message to improve its chances of being returned
- Block unwanted calls to your mobile phone.
BT Web Protect
BT Web Protect keeps you safe, it works by warning or blocking customers from known malware or phishing sites, for all devices connected to the Home Hub and through BT wi-fi connections out and about. No downloads needed, as it works at a network level – simply click to activate.Sign in and activate BT Web Protect
BT Parental Controls
BT Parental Controls is free with any BT broadband package, and let’s you decide what content your family can access online. With pre-set or personalised filters, you can pick and choose what your family can access – and when. Whether your family’s devices are at home or using any BT wi-fi hotspot, the filters will stay in place.Sign in to turn on Parental Controls
Sign in without passwords with True Key
All BT broadband customers get True Key from Intel Security free with their broadband package. It’s normally worth £99.95.
With True Key, you can generate strong and unique passwords and store them for a hassle free way of signing into your devices, apps and websites. You can even use your face or fingerprint so you never have to remember a password again.Sign in to download True Key
Essential security for your Android phones & tablets
Actively checks web pages in real-time to ensure your web surfing is safe, and also blocks potential phishing sites, browser exploits, and malicious links within text messages, email and social networking sites
Block unwanted calls: to your mobile phone
Optimise your device's performance: using optimisation tools to stop battery drainage, and use its memory clean-up facility to free up storage space or track apps consuming data
Get a warning: if you connect to an unsecure Wi-Fi network and automatically disconnect if it detects people are watching on your internet traffic
the new app
BT Virus Protect
Frequently asked questions